Stable

The stable and servant’s house were a part of William Coleman’s original 1756 sophisticated site design. In keeping with formal Georgian design, both buildings are the same size and when viewed from the front, both are equidistant from the house and their roofs line up in the vertical dimension. The formality of the placement of the buildings was echoed in Coleman’s landscape. On his 12 acre “retirement” he had a small apple orchard and a handsome garden all surrounded by a post and rail fence.

        

 

3400 West Dauphin Street, East Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA 19132
(215) 229-6115 | www.woodfordmansion.org