Pemberton, 1750

William Coleman’s Woodford looked much like this illustration of Pemberton which was located near the Schuylkill River on Grays Ferry Road. Pemberton was built by Judge John Kinsey so it is very likely that Coleman, also a Judge, would have been familiar with this country house.

        

 

3400 West Dauphin Street, East Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA 19132
(215) 229-6115 | www.woodfordmansion.org